Virtual Reality in Geoinformatics
2015—Present: Open3D: Collaborative Editing for 3D Virtual Worlds
2010: 3D real-time visualization of the data under the seabed in an integrated network environment
- A seabed stratum 3D visualization platform which build seabed stratum 3D model from seismic wave points data and visualize in palisade figure, thematic maps and support some analysis functions.
2008—2010: 3D dynamic intelligent network landscape map based on SOA architecture
- A framework for multi-dimensional GIS data display and analysis network system based on SOA architecture. It supports PC and android phone.
2007--2010: “WebVR-GIS Engine”: an engine integrating Virtual reality geographical environment and avatar on IE web browser. The applications include:
- “Web-based 3D digital simulation of the landscape map of Fengxian Chief Community”
- “Web-based 3D digital simulation of the landscape map of Leshan Giant Buddha Travel Community”, etc.
2007--2009: Real-time interactive 3D simulation development platform for online virtual communities
- Based on WebVR-GIS engine, and suitable for a variety of web browsers to run Real-time 3D network.
Virtual Reality in Bioinformatics
2010--2011: Unity3D game engine is employed to develop a molecular 3D visualization platform.
- Several approaches to represent atom and bond such as built-in ball, particle system, GPU Shader are implemented and compare
- Some visualization functions, such as secondary structure, electric field lines and some analysis functions are created
- The work could also enhance the teaching approach of bioinformatics course, the students from Paris 7 University are learning molecular docking structure by 3d visualization of UnityMol framework:
- The video of UnityMol can access from Youtube
- A case DEMO can currently be tested at Link
- More information on Link
Virtual Reality in Medicine and Rehabilitation
2014—2015 EU FP7 ITN: LanPercept - Language and Perception
- Game based dysphonic rehabilitation tool;
- Evaluation of Kinect2 based balance measurement;
- Using virtual reality glasses in hyperbaric oxygen chamber.
HCI for Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality
2012—2014: Research and implement augmented reality on smart phone;
- Football game with foot interaction by smartphone camera on android, video can access from Youtube
- Finger in Air: Touch-less interaction approach on smartphone, video can access from Youtube
- 3D reconstruction and Stereoscopic 3D video based on SFM (Structure from motion);
- Exploring application of 3D points cloud from Kinect.